The Gift From the Heart Foundation is committed to provide assistance in receiving medical care for children with special needs.
For children from abroad: as the only foundation of its kind in the United States, the Gift From the Heart Foundation provides assistance to children with disabilities from abroad, especially from European countries where the medical treatment that they require may not be available.
For local children: our programs are based on the philosophy that it really does “take a village to raise a child.” Through a variety of programs that promote education and awareness, healthy child development, family advocacy and support, and assistance to child medical care, the foundation strives to help parents residing on Chicago’s northwest side
The services that we offer are for children, parents and families. Our offerings include:
– Occupational Therapy
– After-school Programs
– Parent and Tot playgroups
– Parent and Tot exercise groups
– Support services
– Community resource library
– Individual and family counseling
– Act as a liaison between the family and medical or other service providers
– Provide financial assistance to purchase rehabilitation or other medical equipment
– Assist families in finding adequate housing that meets the child’s medical needs
– Provide financial support for travel, lodging and other expenses related to medical appointments